Monday, June 22, 2009

Catching Up Again

So, what's new besides me totally neglecting this blog? I think part of it is that I haven't picked up my camera much lately. Despite being buried in my dining room amongst the entire contents of my kitchen during our kitchen renovation that started last week, I did mangage to take a few shots. Maybe I've got a new wind to keep me going.

Last week Rick and I met some old friends down in Key West for a long weekend. We flew into Fort Lauderdale and rented a convertible and drove down to the Keys. Convertibles are great for around town, but when you hit 70 or 80 on the highway....not so much fun (at least when you're sitting in the back). Of all people, I should have known better since I used to own one. Anyway, on our way down we stopped and had a nice lunch in Islamorada and then stopped later on to indulge ourselves in some fried key lime pie. Yes, fried key lime pie....pure heaven. When we got to our resort, we hit the beach as we did most days. Nights were spent bar-hopping on Duval. We did sneak in a waverunner tour and also a kayak tour which were both lots of fun. All in all it was a great trip! Here are some pics.





And here we are in the smallest bar....



While we were gone, Grammy and Papa took care of the two little monsters. They had a blast, both the kids and the grandparents. Our kids were in heaven. They know Grammy and Papa always bring surprises (as do Nana and G-daddy) and let them eat lots of junk when Mommy isn't watching! We were at the grocery store the other day and Kyle asked if he could have doughnuts (I pretty much never buy doughnuts). Being the mean mom I am, I said no. His response was, "Papa lets me." We had the same conversation when we hit the checkout and he wanted a candy bar. Even Ryan got in on the action because he apparently had cookies for breakfast. Oh well, nothing that couldn't be reversed when mean old Mommy and Daddy returned. We sent the kids to JA (Juiceaholics Anonymous) and they seem to be recovering well. Speaking of surprises, this is Grammy and Papa's latest, which brings us to this week's 29 Weeks to Go:My kids and I.



Forget the kitchen renovation, we need a playroom addition! It's actually very cute and the kids love it. Kyle even brought his pillow down and took a "nap" in there. Thanks Grammy and Papa for letting us get away. A teepee is a small price to pay :)

As for the kids, they seem to be growing up way too fast. Kyle finished his first year of preschool. He had such a great year, learning more than I had ever imagined. He can't wait to go back. Towards the end of July he'll be going back for a week of dinosaur camp. So, that should be lots of fun for him. We're also getting ready to start swim lessons at the beginning of July. If you remember last year, they didn't go so well. He just wasn't ready. This year I think he's more than ready! He's a total fish in the water. Check out Mr. Fearless in our neighbor's pool.



His little brother isn't far behind. I'm amazed at how well Ryan does in the water. He'll just float there with his swimmies and his vest like he's one of the big kids. Speaking of big kids, Ryan has officially entered toddlerhood. Last week I put him in timeout for the first time for throwing and hitting. He basically fake cried the first time because he thought that's what he was supposed to do after watching his older brother go through this many times. By the second time he was actually not too happy about it, so hopefully this will work for him. He definitely knows how to push his older brother's buttons and mine too :)

As you know, Father's Day was this past weekend. Did you know it was Mother's Day too? And also my birthday? And also Kyle's Day? It started with my birthday. Kyle knew how happy I got when he told me Happy Birthday that he started wishing me Happy Birthday every night after I'd turn out the lights. I'd say I love you and he'd say I love you too and Happy Birthday. Then along came Mother's Day. Again, he knew how happy I was when he wished me Happy Mother's Day that it was now my birthday and Mother's Day everynight, as it should be ;) Knowing that Father's Day was coming, Daddy was wished Happy Father's Day every night for the last week. I expect that will continue. The other night we said our I love yous and our happy days and then he said, "Mommy, you need to wish me Happy Kyle's Day." And of course I did just that! How great is it to be appreciated every day instead of just one day a year. I just think it's so sweet everytime I hear it! And just so he knows how much he's loved and appreciated because he really is a good kid, I'll wish him Happy Kyle's Day everyday too.

As for excitement around here, nothing is better than having two little boys and having your street paved. That means steam rollers, diggers and dump trucks right outside your door. It just doesn't get any better than that. We sat out on the front steps and watched as they paved our street the other week. They thought that was the greatest thing. Kyle even got to check one out up, close, and personal!



And to finish up the events of the past couple of weeks, tonight, Ryan decided to see how hot the grill really was. Just as I screamed NOOOOOOO he placed his poor little hand on the side of the grill. My poor baby. He just cried and cried and cried. Luckily it wasn't bad enough to blister, but it definitely hurts. He kept holding his hand and saying ouchies. Nothing like a moment like that to break a mother's heart (Daddy's too). At least the evening ended on a high note. After Ryan went to bed, we went outside and Kyle got to catch his first lightening bug. No, we didn't catch them in a tupperware container and poke useless holes in it only for them to end up dead the next morning. We just caught them in our hands and then let them go on their merry way! He was so excited.

I guess that about sums it up for now. Here are some extra pics since I've been so slack the last couple of weeks :)

Just chillin.....



Our maddest face.....

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP