Monday, May 17, 2010

A Special Day

Sunday, May 9th, was a special day for us. Not only was Katie baptized on this day, but it was also Mother's Day. We had most of our family in town to help us celebrate (minus the Godparents, Mark and Stacy, who are anxiously awaiting the arrival of their own little bundle of joy). It was so great to have everyone here, we are truly blessed to have such a wonderful family.

Katie did so well during the ceremony, she slept through most of it :) She looked SO beautiful! The dress she is wearing is 67 years old and was made by my grandmother. It is just gorgeous. The best part was that my grandmother was able to see her in it. She is now the 10th family member to have worn it.





The beautiful headband was made by my mother. She made a blanket for Kyle, a vest for Ryan, and now a headband for Katie. All have been adorned with the lace and pearls from my wedding dress, so those pieces are extra special to me.

After the ceremony, the paparazzi showed up. No, seriously, they did. We had 6 cameras going at once. Notice everyone is looking in different directions in some of the photos. The other families having their children baptized were all wondering who we were, probably wondering if our photos would end up on the cover of Us Weekly Magazine next week. Katie wasn't exactly loving the photo shoot at this point, but she hung in there. Here are some pics of the family.





Our good friends and neighbors, John and Julie, who are a part of our extended family, stood in as the Godparents since Mark and Stacy couldn't be there.



As I mentioned earlier, my grandmother was in town, so with my mother, myself and Katie, that makes 4 generations :) Amazing!



And since it was Mother's Day, here I am, proud to be the mother of this family :) I love you all!

3 comments:

Jessie May 20, 2010 at 4:02 AM  

This post made me cry. I love the 4 generations shot - beautiful!

A May 20, 2010 at 4:53 AM  

So sweet! I love all the sentimental pieces you have--what a wonderful gift for your children. Congrats on such a great family!

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP