Saturday, October 2, 2010

First Day of School 2010

Ryan started preschool this year. Hard to believe that we now have two in school. He'll go two days a week and Kyle will be in TK (Transitional Kindergarten) four days a week. We've been talking about this all summer long and how Ryan will go to school just like his big brother. We picked out our backpacks and lunch boxes (Ryan chose Lightnin' McQueen and Kyle chose Batman) and we were armed and ready. Ryan started school two weeks before Kyle. Here he is ready to go!



So grown up! The first day went great. Here he is doing a little painting! I was so proud of him. Most of the kids didn't want to participate in the painting, but Ryan jumped right in and painted not 1, but 3 little people. One for Mommy, one for Daddy, and one for Kyle! How sweet! (Please excuse the quality of the picture, I did bring my camera, but forgot to charge the battery! At least I had my iPhone.)



Well, the honeymoon ended abruptly and our subsequent drop-offs for the next couple of weeks were torturous for the both of us! No one likes to leave their kid kicking and crying, especially this mama, but I knew it was something we just had to work through since he always stopped crying after just a few minutes. I am happy to say that we are no longer crying and he really seems to be enjoying school. Phew! It's tough to get a lot of information out of them at this age as to what they've been learning at school, but he did tell me that his two of his favorite songs that they sing are Head-Shoulders-Knees-and Toes and I've Been Working on the Railroad! I'm so excited for him to be in school, I think it's going to be a great thing for him to develop his own identity there.

As for Kyle, he's an old hat it this. He was super excited to get back to school and meet his new teachers! They'll be learning lots of fun stuff this year including Spanish. Here he is on his first day of TK!

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP