Sunday, January 8, 2012

DEEP CREEK, JULY 1-7

We started off our summer fun with a trip to Nana and G-Daddy's for 4th of July weekend. We always look forward to hanging out at the lake, but it was even more fun this year because they got a new boat, a super nice pontoon that was fit for the entire clan and more! I'm so glad they finally took the plunge. They've been talking about it for years, but thought owning a pontoon somehow signified the end of their youth. Heck, I'd consider a pontoon for myself. Lots of room, some nice shade, and no wakes to spill your drink :) The kids just loved it. The boys took turns being Captain and Katie let the wind sweep through her hair!








Of course, while we were there we got some tubing in. The boys can't help but grin from ear to ear when they get out there. I love it!




Rick got a chance to take the Sunfish out. He'd stay out there all day if we'd let him!



And we also got plenty of chill time in. The boys got new bug catchers and were desperately seeking their first specimens.





I think this is the best specimen of all!



....or perhaps this one?



Well, it was time to head home, but this time it wasn't the boys that were sad. It was me. We left the boys to spend the week with Nana and G-Daddy. I was a little nervous and sad to leave my babies for a whole week, but it turned out great! No one got homesick and I actually enjoyed some quiet time to myself only having to care for one child.

They had so much planned for the boys, I knew they'd have a ball. They rode horses, went to the rodeo, ate ice-cream, saw fireworks, hung with the dinosaurs, played games, ate junk, went to the library, rode the mountain coaster, hit the playground, took bubble baths, and went hiking. And that's just the things I can remember.



















Thanks Nana and G-Daddy for a fun weekend for us all and a super fun week for the boys!

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP