Sunday, April 26, 2009

Another year gone by

Somehow these birthdays just keep creeping up on me. I know it has nothing to do with these two little monsters sucking up my every minute :) So, now I'm 34, approaching those mid 30's all too quickly! Rick and I went to a nice dinner downtown last weekend to celebrate. On the way down in the car we were listening to a station that was playing songs from my late teenage years and early 20's. For a few moments I actually felt young again. You know, all dressed up, going down town, singing along to a good tune and then while eating dinner we watched all of the "12" year olds walk by heading to the bars. That's when I remembered I was 34 again. But, life is good at 34, I can't complain! No need to relive the past!

With my birthday came this beautiful summerlike weather. We've been playing outside a lot these days. Here's Ryan playing Peek-a-boo...

From April 2009


I couldn't resist taking this picture. She looked so pretty just sitting out in the middle of the yard keeping tabs on everything and everyone.



And here's our new favorite toy of the week! We were at a party this weekend and the kids were riding scooters. Kyle hopped on one and thought it was just too cool. Can you believe we don't already have one of these? If you have see our garage, you wouldn't believe it either. So, we actually scored one from our neighbor who was going to sell it in the yard sale.

From April 2009



He loves it. We were riding it this morning out in the dead end and Kyle says to me," Let's go back to the clubhouse." I thought for a minute and realized I had heard that somewhere before and then it clicked....Tigger and Pooh, of course! The Super Sleuths are on the case! In case you haven't kept up with your Tigger and Pooh, the characters in the modern day version turn into Super Sleuths who ride scooters through the Hundred Acre Wood to solve problems. So, I guess we'll call him Super Sleuth Kyle now.

And for those of you that know about my husband's latest project, the one near and dear to my heart.... the Jeep. Kyle "The Tough Guy Mechanic" decided to help out his Daddy today.



It got so hot today that I actually broke out the water table. Isn't it still April?



Later in the day we had a couple of vistors come by looking for a drink maybe?



That's about all that has been going on this week. I'll leave you with my 36 weeks to go: My kids and I. Well, at least one kid anyway :)

1 comments:

A's April 27, 2009 at 6:28 AM  

You look pretty amazing for 34. I love the pictures of you with your kids. Happy Birthday!!

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP