Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Presidents' Day

Being a stay-at-home-mom, it's sad to say that I usually don't remember such holidays until I go get the mail or try to go to the bank. Today was different though, it was my 3 1/2 year old that reminded me this time as he told me, completely out of the blue, that Barack Obama was president of our country. Now, I had tried to explain to him during the inauguration that we had a new President and his name was President Obama, but I was pretty sure I wasn't making any sense to him and I don't ever remember telling him his first name was Barack. Then I remembered when I picked him up from school today, that the teacher told me they had made log cabins and learned about Abraham Lincoln. Now it's clicking. It's Presidents' Day. Hey, one thing I know for sure is that my kid was listening at school today :)

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP