Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Missing Tooth

It's been a long time coming. I think it was just about 6 months ago, we were at the dentist and he told us that Kyle had a loose tooth. Well, it finally came out. I picked him up from school and half way home, he said his tooth came out. I asked him if he had it and he said no, it must have fallen in his seat. So, I told him not to move and we'd get it when we got home. Well, I searched all over and couldn't find it. Come to find out, he thinks it may have fallen out on the playground and he just noticed it when we got in the car :) Ok, no problem. Fortunately, moms think of these things way in advance. I told him a few weeks prior that if he lost it or if by chance he accidentally swallowed it, the tooth fairy would still come. Phew! Meltdown avoided. Score one for mom! So, we wrote her a letter, explaining what happened and tucked it under his pillow.





He was so excited! I'm surprised he fell asleep so quickly. The next morning he came running into my room with a note in one hand and a 5 dollar bill in the other! Yes, the going rate is no longer a quarter :) The note was from the tooth fairy thanking him and letting him know that she found it exactly where he had told her he had lost it. Again, so excited! Here he is....toothless!



The one right next to it is pretty wiggly, so I guess there's another $5 in his near future! One down, 19 to go! Yikes!

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP