Sunday, March 28, 2010

Welcome Baby Katherine Rose

On March 16th, at 8:46 a.m., we welcomed our beautiful daughter Miss Katherine (Katie) Rose to our family. She decided to surprise us all and make an early appearance like her oldest brother. I was convinced she was going to be an "on time" baby as was my doctor when I saw him the day before, but I guess that goes to show you that kids like to keep you on your toes! She was born a healthy 6 lbs. 14 oz. and 18.5 inches long. She'll be two weeks old this coming Tuesday and I can't believe how well things are going. I know there is still time for it all to fall apart, but I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that my little angel baby remains just that. So far this experience has been night and day compared to the boys. Maybe the third time is the charm and we can escape the colic. We find ourselves wanting to pick her up rather than praying we can put her down for a measly 5 minutes as we did with the boys. I feel like I've actually been getting some decent sleep (3 hours at a time). I guess we'll just have to wait and see how things unfold over the next couple of weeks, but at least we're off to a great start!





Kyle and Ryan have been great big brothers since their new little sister arrived. I think Ryan surprised us the most. He's so sweet to her and very concerned for her well being. I love the motherly voice that comes out when he talks to her. We knew Kyle would be great, and he is. He's my big helper!







As for Mommy and Daddy, I think we still can't believe we have a little girl! She just completes our family in the most perfect way! We love her so very much and can't wait to watch her grow up beside her two brothers! It's also hard to believe we're a family of 5 now! Who would have thought?



We love you baby Katie! How could we not :)

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP