Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Happy 5th Birthday Kyle!

5 years old? I have a 5 year old? Yikes! I looked at him the other day and asked him why he couldn't just be 4 forever. He kinda looked at me like I was crazy. Anyway, he had a fabulous birthday this year. Many celebrations as usual. We started off with the big party at the house. This year's was a dinosaur theme. Amazingly enough, like the week after his 4th birthday, he told me he wanted a dinosaur cake for his 5th birthday and he stuck with it! Unfortunately, I didn't get to attempt it myself, since we had to attend a wedding the day before, but it was a super cool cake and I think he was really excited when he saw it!





Of course, we got the bounce house again! It's like a staple around here for this party. I do have to say, it keeps everyone entertained and the Moms and Dads are always happy because their kids are always worn out by the time they have to go home.





Kyle got tons of presents from friends and family. This year, he asked for a remote control monster truck. We were a little hesitant to buy one for two reasons. One, because we thought it might be a little too complicated. Second, because we were afraid it would be destroyed in 5 minutes. We were wrong. He figured that thing out instantly. I don't why we thought different. The kid can operate the Wii controllers in both hands and then switch them up. He's ambidextrous. Anyway, he LOVED the truck. He tore open the paper and screamed, "IT'S JUST WHAT I WANTED!" Every parent loves to hear that! Here he is with his new truck :)



As I mentioned, he got lots of presents such as a real set of golf clubs from Grammy and Papa, a real outdoor tent from Nana and G-Daddy.





He also got lots of games. This is the year of games. He LOVES to play games and he's really good at them too. A couple of his favorites are Headache, Trouble, and Sorry. Everyday after school, he begs to play games. I don't mind, I like board games, except we also have to monitor the destroyer (A.K.A Ryan). He doesn't quite have the attention span yet for somw of the games, so he gets a little bored or frustrated.

We can't have a birthday around here without multiple celebrations. So, we had the yearly trifecta: the party at the house, the celebration at school, and the real birthday day celebration. Lucky boy.



Well, I thought I'd take a few pics of my oldest baby! Here he is at 5 years old! So grown up! Happy 5th Birthday Kyle, we love you so much!





0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP